Focus Mk 1 2001, exhaust heatshield clips

I was advised by the garage following my latest MOT & Service that the exhaust heatshield was loose. They did not regard it as a problem, but thought I should be aware of it.

On examination, it appeared that the heatshield had been torn from the clip fixings, with holes the size of the clips in the heatshield. I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this?

I bought some new clips, part number 6707556, removed the old and rusting clips, and used some metal strips I had to increase the clamp area behind the clips to fix the heatshield back into place. We will see how long this solution lasts (the extra metal behind the clips limits the clip security).

Paul R

Reply to
Paul R