Focus Mk2 - water in sparkplugs?

Hi there

Any knowledgeable people help me out with a Mk2 problem?

I took mine for a service recently, and was told that I'm getting water in the spark plug channel, which is obviously affecting performance. Apparently its splashing up from the road and collecting in the channel.

I notice that on "higher" models like the 1.8/2.0, there is a cover over the "top" of the engine block, which shields the plugs....and on my 1.6 there are screw holes in the engine block to attach something like that - by the look of it. Has anyone had the same problem, and if so how did you solve it?

(Its not an "internal" leak from the engine....thats been checked and everything is sealed and ok!)

Wayne Remove SPAM to reply :)

Reply to
mr_coconut