Focus Noises

Hi all.

I've noticed a couple of noises my 2002 Focus SE Wagon has started making lately and I was wondering if anyone would be able to point me in a direction as to what is causing them.

The first noise seems to occur when I turn the wheel all the way to the right or left. After a crank the wheel all the way and then let go of the wheel again to let it turn back I hear a distinct "thunking" sound coming from the front suspension. It doesn't sound like something terribly positive but, as I said, it only happens in this one particular instance.

The second noise seems to be coming from the brakes. I understand there are some wear issues with Focus brakes. When I purchased my Focus it had approximately 48,000 KMs and now has approximately 73,000 KMs. At the time of purchase I had the brakes pads replaced at the dealership I purchased it from (not a Ford dealership). The noise I am hearing is not the traditional "whining" of worn pads but instead is "clunking" or "crunching" sound coming from the brakes when I am in driving situations where I have to work the brakes a lot like in stop and go traffic. This noise is transient though and is not always present so if it is a problem I assume it is because the problem is just starting to crop up.

Anyway, if anyone has experienced these noises in their Focus and knows possibly what they might be I would love to hear from you.

Thanks all. Have a great day!

Erin

Reply to
Erin Peterson

I'm not a tech, but it's been my experience that noises like that are almost always tha CV joint.

Not sure maybe something in the brakes, like sand, dust, or maybe small pebble (assuming you have rear drum brakes like I do)

Reply to
me