Focus query

This may sound like a stupid question but I have just bought an 02 Focus 1.6 lx and was wondering if it is normal for the engine to over-rev and stutter a bit when idling on cold, but then settles to
about 800rpm when hot. Also when idling on warm it makes like a squeak every 20-30 secs from the engine. Obviously it is still under warranty but I dont want to appear an idiot if I take it in and its nothing. Any advice would be grately appreciated!!

Stuttering is not normal. - have it checked.
Some slightly weird behavior when cold and during warm up is normal- thats just how they are!
Not sure what your squeek could be- possibly auxilary belt or cam belt tensioners- have it checked. Thats what the warranty is for.
Tim..
"Tim..1" wrote:
> > > This may sound like a stupid question but I have just bought > an 02 > > Focus 1.6 lx and was wondering if it is normal for the > engine to > > over-rev and stutter a bit when idling on cold, but then > settles to > > about 800rpm when hot. Also when idling on warm it makes > like a > > squeak every 20-30 secs from the engine. Obviously it is > still under > > warranty but I don't want to appear an idiot if I take it in > and it's > > nothing. Any advice would be grately appreciated!! > > Stuttering is not normal. - have it checked. > > Some slightly weird behavior when cold and during warm up is > normal- thats > just how they are! > > Not sure what your squeek could be- possibly auxilary belt or > cam belt > tensioners- have it checked. Thats what the warranty is for. > > Tim..
Many thanks for that, will get it checked. Looking under the bonnet the sound eems to be coming from the general direction of the belt so will let Ford have a look!!
Its the power steering pump.