Focus rdio code

I want to buy a factory cd player on E-Bay for my 2000 Focus.But the manual says there is a security code that has to be obtained. I bought the car used
and can find nothing about a code in the documentation. What will happen if I try to install it? Can a Ford dealer obtain it somehow? I bought the car at an auction. Thanks for any help
"K. Stocker" wrote ...

if the seller can't provide the code with the unit then it won't work when you connect it up. your local ford dealer can obtain the keycode from the part number and serial number on the side of the unit. my dealer charges 10 UKP for this service.
--
gandissy