Focus Starting Problems

Hi,
I have a 1999 1.8 Zetec with 83k miles.
Recently, I have had problems starting from cold. The engine turns over and takes about 10 seconds to start. The engine feels very lumpy initially but
then reaches idle and runs fine. The car will also start fine for the rest of the day.
My local Ford dealer checked everything out last week (diagnostic etc.) and could not find any problems.
Has anyone had this problem and if so, what's the cause?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
I sorted my own problem.
Flushed the airflow sensor and inlet manifld with Carb Cleaner. Problem sorted.
Thanks anyway.....

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:04:34 +0000 (UTC), "Ian Bilsland"

What narrowed it down to the air flow sensor?
later,
tom

Nothing in particular. As I had no feedback from the group I didn't know where to start.