focus stuttering whilst accelerating

I have a ford focus ghia 1.6i,1991.Someimes there are stuttering type movements whilst accelerating,this can happen at any speed but only when accelerating,its fine when idling.It doesnt happen all the time,any help
appreciated. Thanks.

Usually a hesitation that only occurs at high engine power means a fuel restriction. When's the last time the fuel filter was changed, and the lines and injectors cleaned?
In message

Must be a very early prototype :)

Spark plugs and HT leads sound favourite.
--
Paul Giverin

Thanks for the advice.Should have read 2001 not 1991,well spotted Paul :). I picked it up 4 mths ago,supposedly serviced by the dealer but can never be too sure what they actually did.I'll take it to a local garage and get it checked out,thanks again.
psm06 wrote:

Hi This happened also with my focus 1,6 wagon . After a while it appeared that "the sofware of the engine had to be revised" after that it was definitly better. i bought my focus in december 2003 production was around octyober 2003