focus tdci cruise control

Hi,
does any one know if cruise control can be fitted to a UK tdci 115 focus and if so how? kit etc?
any help much appreciated
Steve

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:10:59 +0000, Steve wrote:

I tend to associate cruise control with automatic transmission, and the TDCi isn't available with an auto box (or wasn't last year, because if it had been, I would surely have chosen to have it).
I did once have a manual Honda with cruise control, and I hardly ever used it.
Cruise kit available in the US Starting at $139.99 for the vacuum servo model to $189.99 for the electric servo model The vacuum one works fine. Automatic or Manual transmission.
where??
WWW.Bought4Less.com
: Hi, : : does any one know if cruise control can be fitted to a UK tdci 115 focus and : if so how? kit etc? : : any help much appreciated : : Steve : :

"Stephen F." wrote:

Some diesels have an auxiliary vacuum pump, no idea if the Focus TDci does.

But if the Focus TDci does not, then you'd chose the electric servo model, no?

electric
Alot of modern diesels use a vacuum system to operate the various valves, EGR and turbo boost to name afew. However like all common rail engines now, it is entirely drive by wire- there is no throttle linkage that can be held open, unless it works by physically moving the pedal which would be rather dangerous if it got stuck.
I thought the Ghia was available with cruise, which would be entirely operated by the ECU with the addition of acouple of switchs on the steering wheel. The ECU ability and pedal switches (for brake and clutch) are all there, but would need to be enabled on the FDS diagnostic unit.
Tim..
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:27:25 +0000 (UTC), "Tim.."

Tim the 2.0l Ghia petrol has cruise as an option but the TDCi Ghia much to my disgust does not offer it at all. It's the only thing I miss off my old car.
thanks for all the comments, sorry been a while getting a reply to you all - computer problems!
so is it possible to fit cruise to the tdci??
is there a kit sold in the USA that would fit a UK car?
I would think if there is a kit it would sell well in the UK
thanks

all - computer problems!

There was some talk of this alittle while ago. I have checked with Ford and a late tdci with the WDS scan tool, but it seems the ecu's are not capable of operating a cruise control system. Bit silly really cos its so so so simple to impliment- all it would need is 3 switches. And the ecu being capable....
Tim..
thanks for the info Tim
looks like i'll have to put up without it then
I recently got a 1.6 Ghia with everything but the cruise control and am interested in installing a kit too. What do you guys think of a non-ford original available in Europe nowadays, its called the tempostat.. http://www.lowtension.com/cruise_control.htm
Would be glad to hear anyones thought if its a good idea or anyone already experienced.. Thanks