Focus TDCi misfire problem

I have recently bought my second Focus TDCI 1.8 Zetec Climate (115 bhp) in the UK and it's driving me crazy - I wondered if anyone else had a similar experience?
When accelerating hard, often in top gear, the engine appears to hold back and 'miss' a bit - sometimes it's for just a second and sometimes it happens a lot but it definitely affects the engine's power. I can't identify any particular trend in terms of when it happens most but it is maddening. The car has only done 34000 miles and I have just had a full service done but it's not improved.
A mechanic has suggested that it may be dodgy injectors and I am really not sure. The car is a late 2003 model and I am not sure if you can have the injectors re-set/calibrated on the TDCi engine? I am more inclined to think it's electrical but how do I get a diagnostic check done?
Anyone eperienced a similar problem or any ideas?
Cheers
Paul

not sure.
You can get injector cleaners that you can add to the fuel. It may be worth spending a fiver on such a product and running through a full tank of fuel before pursuing other potentially more expensive options.
Example: <http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/handtool/product/WYN55961 Similar products are available from Motor stores or even your local supermarket.
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

Have already tried these despite Ford's advice that they shouldn't be used with the TDCi variant engine. They made no difference at all and the problem still exists.
Is it possible for a Ford dealer to read the car's 'brain' and establish exactly what the problem is? Or will it just be trial and error?
Cheers
Paul