Focus Wagon and jumping sideways

I have to post this as I am so happy that my 2001 Focus wagon is finally fixed after 35000 miles and three or four different alignment shops, shock replacement and other. The left rear tire on my wagon had
worn real bad, making lots of noise.
I went to Twin City Tire here in Bloomington, MN and talked to sales about my issues and the need of some new tires. I told them of my problem with the car jumping sideways when hitting bumps and they had me talk to their alignment guy. I asked him about the alignment and he assured me he could fix my Focus, eliminate all jumping sideways etc. I was unsure but took the chance, he was so confident. In any case, I had 4 new tires installed and Ray aligned the car also.
The bottom line is: The car handles like a dream, it has NEVER handled as nice, it's fun to drive, it's smooth and does NOT jump sideways anymore. It has done that since new and even Ford tried to fix it, even replaced the shocks which did not help.
So, the real reason the car jumps sideways when hitting bumps is that the rear alignment is not correct. Ray said my left side toein was 1/4 in off.

I think Ray knew a set of tires would fix your problem. I/4 front or rear toe will not cause this. I would say, from many years running the wheel alignment bay in a ford dealership that tiers were almost always the problem.