Focus wagon temp. sensor

Does anyone know where the temperature sensor is on the Focus with the built-in trip computer/thermometer?
I have a new Focus and am trying to install a cheap indoor/outdoor car
thermometer. I have routed the wire to the engine compartment but everytime the car stops, the temp goes shooting up from the heat under the hood/bonnet.
Any suggestions on the best place to mount a temperature sensor?
Thanks
asd

Its on the underside of the passenger wing mirror on cars with the trip computer.
Tim..
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. wrote:

I thought it was behind the radiator grill (at least on earlier models)? One of the checks for the trip computer wiring is to look behind the rad covers for the temp probe connector.
Cheers,
Chris
--
cut along the dotted line to reply

message

Errr certainly on the mk2 Foci its in the wing mirror..
Tim..
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. wrote:

gives photos showing where the various connectors have been found.
Cheers,
Chris.
--
cut along the dotted line to reply