Focus Zetec 2002 tdci Immobiliser problem

Hi, I have had trouble starting my focus since last night, basically it won't start . . . you can hear it trying too but it doesn't . . . battery and all is fine . . . I wait for the usual lights to go out and then nothing . . . I have heard that this could be the immobiliser, how do you fix this? Is there a method to do it yourself, rather than forking out money I can not afford to get someone out

thanks Peter

Reply to
peteranthony001

Initially, try the other key fob. The chip may have died . Failure for the ECU to mobilize (for whatever reason) will cause the red LED in the clock to flash quickly when you attempt to start.

If its not flashing, then your problem is not the immobilizer.

Don't mess about tinkering, get someone who knows what they are doing with or you could well make the problem worse.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..