Foglights and MP3

I have a 2004 Focus and everything is great. The car is peppy and handles well. The leather seats are comfortable and all of the little devices seem to work just great, except it has these cutesy little fog
lights in front that don't seem to do a lot. Of course we do rarely have fog here in order to test their efficacy. Does anyone have any working experience with these little lights? Also the standard radio for my car played MP3 files--I have the premium sound system and I cannot make CD's that have MP3's on them play on my system. The service manager at the dealership says that I am the only person who has ever asked about playing MP3 files--can you imagine that? Does anyone know how to make the CD player with the premium sound system play MP3's?

Does the MP3 model have the little round fogs like the ST170 ones? If so they are not up too much. I fitted them to my Ghia because I prefer the looks upgrading the bulbs to Osram Silver stars helped but they still aint brilliant. The larger ones on the Mk1 and Mk2 are much better due I guess to there being more glass area.
Regards
Andy Lee
--

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.

Please forgive me if I am stating the obvious but did you make sure that the MP3 files are not inside folders on the disc? They need to be put right on the root of the CD to be recognized by the player.
My 2003 Focus has the Blauplunkt model CD/MP3 player and aside from taking an extremely long time to recognize CDs with several hundred MP3s on them, it is essentially plug-and-play.
I am not sure what changes they have made to the fog lights between 2003 and 2004 but the standard 899 fog/driving lights on the 2003 are about as good (as auxiliary driving lights) as any car I have ever driven.
Bob

Well, for your MP3 question, I use Nero. In the Nero wizard it says make an MP3 cd and voila. All the MP3 cd's I've made work in my Focus. Give it a try and see if you like it.
Regards, Mojo

I have an 05. The foglights work great.
As for the MP3 player. On mine, I had trouble initally with the MP3 player. Flip through the menu and change it from TRACK to FOLDER mode. I havent had a problem since I did that.
I don't have the subwoofer option. However, knowing ford, they probably ran the leads anyway. Where does the subwoofer connect, on what side? I am going to go hunting for the lead, but I want to have a general idea before I go tearing up my new car
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 01:36:37 -0400, "beavmetal"
:>ran the leads anyway. Where does the subwoofer connect, on what side? I :>am going to go hunting for the lead, but I want to have a general idea :>before I go tearing up my new car
On the SVT Focus it's on the left side in the back. However, the side panel is a modified one to fit over the mounting bracket for both an amplifier and the subwoofer. At least on the SVT the radio doesn't drive the sub directly. You do give up some space on that one side in the hatchback area but it's worth it.
me/2