Followup on Rear Drums Hot

I posted that I had done a brake job and the rear drums were getting hot. Dan suggested that the E-brake might be too tight. I took his advice and loosened it, however, the shoes continued to drag hard on the drums. I took
them apart yesterday and found the problem. Dan was right but the adjustment needed to be done in the brake assembly rather than at the E-brake lever. The Focus has a ratcheting E-brake lever device. You have to manually set it to as far closed as it will go. Once you do this, the drum slides right on. The manual I have (Haynes) doesn't mention this and it's not really intuitive. Anyhow, back in business! jor