Ford 6000CD RDS E-O-N

Cark-91 Wiring RED(2A Fuse)    +12V    Permanent 12V supply    Connect to battery positive (12V).
BLACK    GND    Negative Ground    Connect to a good negative ground. BLUE(1A Fuse)    IGNS    Ignition Sense    Connect to positive voltage from ignition. If not available, connect to RED. If connected to ignition phone will automatically power up when key is turned on and will be automatically powered down (if no key is pressed) when the key is turned off. (NOT USED ON NOKIA 6310i) YELLOW    XCRM    Car Radio Mute    Connects to mute wire on car radio (if available). This wire goes to 0v when in a call and if the car radio supports it, will mute it. Max. current 200mA can be used to drive a relay (or several) to shutdown the car radio or car speakers. GREEN(1A Fuse)    AMC    Antenna Motor Control    Connects to auto-antenna motor (if available). Do not connect this wire to the normal antenna. This wire outputs +12V when the phone is on to make the motor control raise the antenna and to 0V when phone is not connected or powered down. Max. current output 200mA.
6000CD Wiring and connectors
Connector A
1    battery 2    illumination- 3    ignition 4    illumination+ 5    vehicle alarm 6    ground 7    switched A+/Antenna 8
Connector C
1    ACP+ 2    ACP- 3    parking aid mute 4    phone mute 5    ground/phone shield 6    AVC 7     8    phone audio #1 9    phone audio #2 10    clock select 11    analogue remote #1 12    analogue remote #2 13    SCP+ 14    SCP- 15    NVA mute 16    NVA #1 17    NVA #2
Connector B (speakers)
1    left front+ 2    left front- 3    left rear+ 4    left rear- 5    right front+ 6    right front- 7    right rear+ 8    right rear-      Multi Changer CD - Shuttle
1    ACP+ 2    ACP shield 3    ground 4    N/C 5    left audio+ 6    right audio+ 7    ACP- 8    ACP enable (CDENABLE) 9    CD power (battery unfused) 10    audio shield 11    left audio- 12    right audio-
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Been looking for this info all over net to no avail, ever since the original radio died. Actually, the radio still works, it just doesn't play cd's anymore. I decided to make a line-in using the cd changer connector but I needed the wiring for this. Hopefully with this information I'll be able to connect the audi jack to cd connector and this will make possible to connect any external audio source.
Good info. I'm planning to use the CD audio-in as an aux-in for my DAP. Does anyone know what sort of signal CDENABLE requires to enable the CD audio input? (I assume that the head unit looks for a signal or voltage level on CDENABLE as when I press the CD button, the display says 'NO CD' or something similar. The commercial add-on boxes are about 50 and I can't see any reason why they are so expensive.
TIA, Alick
Alick, I hope you're on the right track. I haven't taken out the radio yet, but I already figured that this might be more than a simple soldering job. I have absolutely no inclination to spend 50 quid on add-on, but this might be the fastest option. The trouble is that Ford uses it's ACP protocol for communication with changer and I haven't been able to find a description for it on the Net. Unless someone with a working _original_ _external_ Ford CD changer is able to enlighten us, I am afraid we'll have to either cough up the money or think of another creative solutions. I'll be checking the board to see if anyone has answered. Hope we'll manage to solve this, though.
I found this http://tinyurl.co.uk/toai and this http://andyhammond.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/yampp/YAMPP3_ACP.PDF which give some clues. The detail states that Ford use a 10V balanced input for audio, so a pre-amp is required. the circuit shown in the second link doesn't look too complicated. I just need to figure out (a) what the positive inputs to the op-amps are connected to and (b) what J3 and J4 are for.
The positive inputs to the op amps are the mid (6v) point. J3 and J4 go directly to the Yampp3 PCB connectors. There was quite a lot of discussion on the Yampp (www.yampp.com) site bulletin board while this was being worked out, you may want to trawl through there (just search for Ford or ACP).
A word to the wise though - the CD enable is an output from the radio (+12v = CD changer on), the radio will only recognise the presence of a changer (and hence allow the audio input) by the response to the ACP protocol.
On Thursday, September 2, 2004 8:59:26 AM UTC+3, gillc wrote:

HELLO I HAVE THE VERSION 6000 RDS EON AND THE REAR PANEL FOR REMOTE HAVE 6 PINS...HOW TO INSTALL THE REMOTE STALK ( THE 2 WIRES, IN WHO PINS FROM 6)?????THE PINS ARE 1)ACP+ 2)ACP- 3)N/A 4)PHONE MUTE 5)GROUND 6)AVC..........PLEASE HELP ME