Ford Focus 2002 COOLING PROBLEMS

dear friends, i am having the same problem edd1973 is haveing with is ford focus, the difference is that mine is a 2002, i changed the relay that control the cooling fan, but still overheat unless i turn on the a/c, do u
guys think i should take the car to te dealer or do u have a cheaper solution? thks giulio
> do u

It's a 2002 car so it should still be in warantee?
If so, take it to a dealer!
Alex
i have 37700mi and the warantee was till 36k mi, if that was the case i was going to take the car @ the dealer and make it fix. thks anyway
I had a similar probem with a Saturn. On hot days it would heat up at idle unless the AC was turned on (which activated the electric fan). The cause was a faulty coolant temperature sensor, which, once I found it, was as simple to fix as screwing out the old one and screwing in the new one. If the relay were bad, the fan wouldn't come on with the AC. wrote in message

Thks Hary, I think u are right I figure that out too, now the problem is that i have to take half of my engine out to get to that sensro because that thing is right on the heads betwin the firewall and the engine behinde the alternator. Thks Giulio