Ford Focus 2002 - water ingress to floor of rear passenger side

My wife's Focus is suffering from water ingress to passenger side - principally to rear Local Ford garage have not been able to resolve - any ideas as to cause of problem?? Would welcome advice/comments.

Reply to
andrew

Did you have the pollen filter changed recently? If so, it has not been fitted properly. Check it or take it back to the garage and tell them to check it.

Reply to
Tony Sutton

And in my 2001 focus water ingress to passenger side but only in front , anyone know the reason? i dont change the pollen filter recently.

Thank you all

"Tony Sutton" escreveu na mensagem news:456b516d$0$8725$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...

Reply to
<vitor-ferreira

will probably be the neoprene seal between the windscreen glass and the filter cover has failed.

Reply to
George

Andrew, I had the same problem drove me nuts!!, get the pollen filter sealed, just the slightest problem with the seal will let water in, its a classic one on the Focus,as I have found out. Also if that doesnt solve it look at the cowl at the base of the screen and check the seal at the base of the Screen is ok, Mine was poor but ford have a modified Cowl which also seems to have 2 ventalation Holes missing, weather that helps is unclear in my case as the Cowl seal was just poor. Have a look, if it looks poor re-seal it with sealant from a D I Y shop. Good Luck Gazza

"andrew" wrote: > My wife's Focus is suffering from water ingress to passenger > side - > principally to rear > Local Ford garage have not been able to resolve - any ideas as > to cause > of problem?? Would welcome advice/comments.

Reply to
gazza

Hi there I have a similar problem. The front passenger foot well is awash after a good storm!! I have had it checked out by a reputable auto-glass shop and they believe that the problem is lower down than the heater unit. They think that it might be a weld that has gone!! I am getting a body shop to look at the problem as I want some ammunition when I go to Ford. It is a 2002 model that I have owned from new with no accidents. I would be interested to hear from anyone with the same or similar problems. Mike R Victoria BC

"andrew" wrote: > My wife's Focus is suffering from water ingress to passenger > side - > principally to rear > Local Ford garage have not been able to resolve - any ideas as > to cause > of problem?? Would welcome advice/comments.

Reply to
emlyn80

Make absolutely sure that it's not the pollen filter.

What you are describing are the classic symptoms of the filter seal leaking, something that is all too common on the Foci.

Reply to
Tony Wesley