Ford Focus Emergency Brake Dashboard Removal?

Since my ford focus didnt come with an armrest, i bought my own and assembled it. but doing so i probably screwed into a wire near the emergency break leaver.
i can probably fix it myself if i can remove the dashboard thingy that's holding it. any idea on how to remove it without breaking it all ?
Rune....

"emergency brake lever" is. Do you mean the fuel cut-off switch, in the driver's footwell? Or do you mean, quite simply, the handbrake?
Give me some more details, and your exact model, and I may be able to help, as I have the workshop manual.
JW