ford focus gloat

I bought a new 2003 zx5 approx 1.5 yrs ago.

works great

for example, drove it to San Francisco and back to Regina, Sask

Many variations in topography, road conditons and climate.

Maintained an average highway speed of 112 Km/hr (where possible)

total trip 3567 miles total fuel consumption 100 Imp Gal average fuel cost was nine cents (Cdn) per mile.

Happy motoring

Fud

Reply to
Fuddzy

Fud. That's just an absolutely bizarre mix of metric and imperial measurements - with an obscure currency reference thrown in for good measure : )

What would you say your average fuel economy was in terms we can all understand? (litres per 100 kms, for example).

Rob

----------------------------

Reply to
Basic Wedge

Yep.......... but that is what happens if you live next to the USA. !!! In Canada we buy fuel in litres using Canadian dollars (aprox 1.20 Cdn for each US $) and measure distance in KM BUT express fuel efficeincy in miles per gallon.

While in the US, one purchases fuel in US Gallons which are .833 of an Imperial gallon but in US $.

Thus I converted everything to IMP gallons, Miles and Canadian $

sure enough can try .........

the trip was 5779 km and consumed 454.8 litres

thus 7.869L per 100 KM

hope this helps

Fud

Reply to
Fuddzie

Thanks Fud. That seems like pretty good fuel economy. My SPI powered wagon occasionally comes close to that level, but only in ideal weather and road conditions. At this time of the year, with our cold prairie weather, I'm lucky to be under 10 Litres/100Km.

I, by the way, also live in Canada, and only an hour's drive from the U.S. border. In my neck of the woods, though, I don't think many people know how to express fuel economy in the old miles per gallon terms. When will those Americans ever switch to metric like the rest of us? : ) I'll be embarking on a quick trip to the U.S. at the end of the month, so I'll put your conversion formula to the test!

Cheers,

Rob

-------------------------------------

"Fuddzie" wrote ...

Reply to
Basic Wedge

There are dozens others, this one isn't bad and offers various units.

"Treibstoffverbrauch (milage)"

What kind of engine is this? Never got that out of my Focus, 8.3 l/100km or 28.3 mpg was lowest. Usually about 9-9.5 l/100km (24.7-26.1 mpg). Sure creeping with 112 Km/h, I'd expect even better millage.;)

Reply to
Michael Heiming

In my neck of the woods, though, I don't think many people know how

If memory serves: Canada in Paris, in 1965, agreed with many other countries to begin metrification (except the USA) Then slowly introduced it to the nation starting with the temp scale and then the metric tonne (for exporting) and then weights (Kg... which is really a 'mass' unit) in grocery stores etc etc. Meanwhile the school system(s) each under provincial jurisdiction each decided to introduce it in the math and science programs and their own speeds. So it was a slow process. Since us old guys had obtained our university degrees prior to all that .............. we had to learn on our own. Of course the science courses always did measure the properties of physical objects in metric. Thus it was easy for me. By the way the official metric unit for temp is the Kelvin (i.e. 0 deg C = 273 deg K)........ guess the politicians would never understand that at 250 K it could still be cold.........

So more to your point............ most the people born in 1940 or earlier still think in MPG

When will those

The only concession the US did was to 'invent' the "Long Ton" which is

2200 lbs and which is roughly equal to a metric tonne (1000 Kg) I'll be embarking

Fuel is much cheaper in the US (except in CA)

Stay warm and happy

Fud

Reply to
Fuddzy

Yo, Fuddzy.. what's your tag #? I'm also a proud 2004-ZX5 owner in Regina.

Reply to
Roarmeister