Ford Focus SE 2002 - catalytic converter oxygen sensor cable

Today when I was doing an oil change, I noticed that the wire that goes to the oxygen sensor on the catalytic convert was dangling down from the motor to the sensor... it was not attached to the body of the car.
It is literally hanging by the axle boot.
Is this normal? Or, did a clip get broken somewhere?
I cannot find a good picture or diagram anywhere that shows me what this is supposed to look like, and so I'm asking here.