Ford good for big and tall people?

I read a post on here that someone who was "big and tall" had no problems fitting comfortably in a Focus. But that begs the question, "how big and tall?"
I'm 6'4" and 270 lbs, would I fit into one? I would love to get into a smaller car that gets good gas mileage for commuting. I just don't want to get into a deal where I break my knees in a bumper cruncher.
Anyhow, I'm posting my woes are http://www.bigandtalldriver.com which is a car review website for big and tall people.

Two words: test drive.

I'm not quite that big - 6'1" and 230, and I fit great. My legs are long for my height, so I raise the seat all the way up. But over the decades I've found that in most vehicles - even quite big ones - I had to move the driver's seat back on the tracks to get really comfortable. It's basically a cut drill and bolt job, with the drilling done on the seat not the floor. Not hard if you're handy, and easy for a competent car seat specialty shop.
One of the delights of the Focus for me was to find that it wasn't necessary, but all I can say is go sit in one and see for yourself.
I've seen comments on auto review shows that Hondas have good leg room.
wrote

problem with head height, but in my Daughters 2003 Focus I have lots of room. Great car, I love it. BTW. She hasn't had one problem with it yet. (Maybe I shouldn't tempt fate) Geoff.

I'm 6'4" 230 lbs. and use two Focus Wagons for work (an '03 and '04). I've got more than enough headroom but I lose a little bit of seat track when the back seats are up for cargo. I average 24 miles to the gallon driving about 150 miles a day on either car. I'm not real fond of how they handle in snow (the rear end has a tendency to wander in and out of the front tire tracks with stock tires), but I've never been stuck in any of our New England storms. I ran 14' rims on the '03 with 185/70 14 Firestone M+S which greatly helped handling and I'll probably keep the 14' setup for the '04 when I trade in the '03 this spring.
Happy modeming, Bill
Hi Jimmy I'm just a tad over 6'8 - tall in the body and long legs. My main car is a 2000 VW passat and it's great for both headroom and legroom, and still leaves room in the back seats. When we recently chose a car for my wife we wanted something small enough to nip around town in, but big enough for me to fit in or drive if needs be. We bought a 2001 Focus after much looking around. It just about does the job. Headroom is OK and knee room just about OK with the seat right back. But small and easy to park around town. I would recommend going for a car without a sunroof as that usually takes away a couple of inches of headroom. We tried the Vauxhall Astra (GM) - also seemed to have enough room but the seats weren't as comfortable. But the Passat is great. The only other 2 cars I've had that fit better were a 91 Saab 9000 and a 68 Dodge coronet.
SteveT

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to have to do a little bit of looking around. I'm going to go to one of these all-in-one buy/sell car lots (maybe carmax) so that I can jump in and out of a bunch of different cars. I have a friend (who's like 5'9" and 190 lbs!) who just loves his Focus. Does the wagon give more room for the seats, or is it all the same?
Thanks again guys.

Front seat space is the same in all models (head, shoulder, hip, and leg room). http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/focus/features/specs/#dim
-- Don
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are much more pliable. ~ Mark Twain

The only space difference between any Focus is rear of the rear seat - otherwise all models are the same.