Ford navigation

HI NG. Ive bought an original blaupunkt travelpilot RNS 4 for my `99 ford focus.But my problem is the installation of the speed/ tachosignal! does ANY of YOU know if its enough to install it from pin 6 ( white/ green
wire)on the plug behind the radio and then install it to pin 3 on the isoplug for the radio? the early navigation devices needs this speed / tacho signal in order to function. im quite desperate cus no one seems to know if i have to tap the speed signal from another place, (NOT even a ford garage) best Chris