Ford recommended fluids?

Ok, not a Focus, but a 2000 Mk2 Mondeo question ...

Where do I get the recommended fluis easily? Specifically:

Brake fluid: ESDM 6C57-A PAS fluid: WSA-M2C195-A Coolant: WSS-M97B44-D

I have plenty of 'generic' types available, but I'm worried because the coolant appears to be orange (I'm used to blue!) and the PAS fluid is blue (I'm used to red!). I'm assuming that any reasonable DOT4 fluid will be fine the the brake/clutch fluid.

Cheers,

Al.

Reply to
Al

Main dealer?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Use a good quality branded DOT4 mineral fliud (not the silicone based)

Dexron II or III, flush it first. You'll need 3 or 4 litres to flush properly.

Use a good branded red MEG. Halfords is probably the best source in more manageable quantities (smaller than a 25l drum) but you'll pay for it.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Unfortunately my nearest main dealer is not an option (don't ask!). I could go further afield I suppose.

Maybe I'll register with blue oval and see if I can buy direct at a sensible price.

I really don't want to pay Ford retail prices for this stuff. Actually, I don't like paying retail price for anything ... ;-)

Al.

Reply to
Al

Cheers! I'll wait until I have PAS problems (hopefully never, just spent

200 quid on a new rack for the BMW!) and then use Dexron, which I already use in the VW.

Al.

Reply to
Al