front end rattle

I have a rattle coming from both wheel wells. There appear to be loose screws, but they spin when I attempt to tighten them. There must be a nut in back, but I cannot reach the back. Has anyone found
a fix for this?

What mileage do you have and what year of car is it? If you are getting the noise at low speed then it could be your anti-roll bar links which are a common problem on early models.
--
Paul Giverin

writes

It is an '01, and the rattle is only heard at or near highway speed or in high wind.

Fair enough, that rules out the drop links.
--
Paul Giverin

writes

The rattle is the wheel well liners, but I can't tighten the screws which hold them to the body parts.
North American Focus - the wheel well liners are held on with plastic push pins. I have the same problem, the left side is worse than the right side. I was thinking of removing the wheel well liner and putting double sided adhesive foam tape in places to stop it from moving - -but on the other hand its just another annoyance one has to live with when you own a Focus..