Frozen stick shift - advice wanted

I have a '01 ZX3 that when it's below freezing the stick is frozen. After the engine has completely warmed up I can move the stick as if it was stuck in molasses. Eventually, it reverts to normal. The dealer's answer was to change the transmission fluid, but that didn't change anything (outside of making me $179 poorer). This has only started to happen with this winter. Anyone have clue as to what's going on. I'm not mechanically savvy so be for I shell out more money, I'd greatly appreciate some advice. Thanks. Scott

Reply to
sssaternye

Your dealer followed company procedure, but according to my service manual, another possible source of this is "bolts of selector components loose". This refers to the linkage on the transmission. Take it back to the dealer, or to a good transmission shop. If that's the problem the fix should be easy.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Thanks, Dave!

Reply to