Fuel Economy Focus 1.6 Automatic 3-Door UK

----------------------------------------------------------------- What we should all remember is that the Focus handles better than most cars on the road. Therefore, we drive them much faster. Therefore, Worse gas mileage. My Daughters ZTW is one of the best cars I have ever driven. I live in Canada. I drive a 200 hp Sable right now, and I just LOOOVE the Focus. Gerry

Reply to
Gerry

Gerry - SPOT ON!

MC.

-----------

Reply to
Mark C.

The new Focus C-Max with the 1.6 TDCi diesel engine and the CVT gearbox would also be worth a look at. A continuously variable transmission should work much better with a diesel - you find yourself hitting the maximum revs just as you complete an overtaking maneuver. The CVT version is less economical than the manual, but it still gets ~ 50mpg.

Reply to
Andrew Henry

snipped-for-privacy@cyberspace.org (Andrew Henry) wrote

Thanks Andrew. Will bear that one in mind when the time comes to replace.

Reply to
MCC

Hi Folks, I use a Focus Auto 1.6 for driving tuition and can return a steady 35/38 to the gallon. Another question, what type of gearbox is in the March 2000 Focus. Also at what interval should the G/B oil be changed?. My car has no drain plug for G/B oil!

Take care, Dougie

Reply to
Douglas Ross Leitch

Its a mazda sourced box.

For your sort of driving, and if you're planning to keep the car for awhile I would suggest yearly transmission oil changes, but as you have noticed there is no drain plug.

The only way toget the oil out is to disconnect the cooler lines at the radiator and start the engine to pump it out- have an assistant slowly pouring in fresh fluid- you'll need about 8-10litres and keep going until the fluid being expelled is bright red like the new fluid going in.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l