Fuel Economy Focus 1.6 Automatic 3-Door UK

Page 2 of 2
My 2000 wagon, with its 2.0 litre SPI engine, uses just over 8 litres per 100 km. (That's combined city/highway driving in summer). That's, somewhat, poorer fuel economy than I'd hoped for. Twenty-five years ago, I owned
similar cars (Nissan, Mitsubishi) that got better fuel economy. I'm surprised at the lack of progress.
BTW, in winter, my fuel economy goes into a nose dive. I could very well be burning 12 litres of fuel per 100 km. It's not unusual to see this happen, but I was expecting the Focus to be better adapted to winter driving.
Rob
You lot should consider yourselves lucky!!! in my Focus RS i get about 200-220 miles per tankful!!! someone i know got less then 100miles to a full tank on a track day! ;o) for your info a tank costs almost 45GBP for 98ron.
MC.
---------

somewhat,
be
Sorry - i meant 45UKP in my last post - 45. not 45GBP :o(
MC.
--------------

per
happen,

You were correct the first time
<http://www.jhall.demon.co.uk/currency/
When writing on the Usenet to foreigners <g> it's not a good idea to use the pound symbol as they may have their keyboards and language options set to something different. The symbol may appear as a black box or something completely different on their screens.
USA English is not UK English :)
--
Alan
----------------------------------------------------------------- What we should all remember is that the Focus handles better than most cars on the road. Therefore, we drive them much faster. Therefore, Worse gas mileage. My Daughters ZTW is one of the best cars I have ever driven. I live in Canada. I drive a 200 hp Sable right now, and I just LOOOVE the Focus. Gerry

cars