Fuel usage?

Hi!

Lately, with a little care got 8.6l/100km (27.35 mpg) out of my

2l petrol. But with prices of 1.30 Euro/l (6,58 USD/gal) right now it's not real fun. Sure about 80% are just taxes, but you can't do much about it.

With driving more economical, I'm sure it's possible to get down to about 7.5l/100km (31.36 mpg) with a little more care.

But perhaps there other possibilities, has someone experienced any mileage boost using blue_fin or so? Looked at it but it seems a little expensive, a remarkable better mileage could justify getting one in the long run? ;-)

Reply to
Michael Heiming

I only have a 1.6 Petrol, but the least I have had out of it is 39mpg and usually it's around 42mpg. Even with a 2l version I'd say that your mileage is on the low side. My previous car was a 2l Vauxhall Vectra, and it rarely dipped below 30mpg no matter I did to it!

Reply to
CJM

In alt.autos.ford.focus CJM :

That's only 5.6-6l/100km, pretty good for a petrol engine!

Depends on where you drive, have some speed limits on highways frequently used 80-120km/h (50-75mp/h), this creeping helps to keep fuel usage down. On parts without speed limit and if traffic and weather allow it's nice to let the Focus run, but there are certain points on the speedo beyond them you can watch the fuel gauge fall.;( >160 km/h (>100 mp/h) and even worse >200km/h (>124 mp/h) it starts guzzling remarkable.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

Well I don't have the opportunity to drive on Autobahns (shame)... and the one (and only) perk of living in a country covered by speed cameras, is that an enforced 50-70mph drive is very good for the fuel economy!

The only way for me to really burn up fuel is with excessive acceleration... and that's not so easy in a 1.6!

Reply to
CJM

In alt.autos.ford.focus CJM :

For sure, looking at your good mileage. Large towns have placed speed cameras every few meters here in addition to mobile ones, soon after some politicians had the bright idea allowing them.;(

Not that they'd point them were it might make sense (school/kindergarten/etc) but downhill on wide roads with a good overview. You get the picture?

Only used to my 2l, acceleration is (gear 1-3) to much for a front driven car for my taste. You can turn on the small ASR light as you like. Anyway, the car runs really great, it has a Sachs performance chassis set

mounted,one of the best add-ons for the Focus.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

I'm getting 30mpg in a 2005 zx4 with a 5sp trans. That's with about

90% 50+ mph highway driving, 10% city driving.

BTW, does anyone know how long the Focus has called for 5w-20 motor oil?

Is anyone using 5w-30 instead? If so, how long have you been using the 5w-30?

Reply to
Vic Dura

In, Europe Ford recommends 5W30 for the 2 liter Zetec (and all others too I suppose). I have used it for 125.000 km. /per

"Vic Dura" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
per