fuse 63 door locks

2000 focus se replaced fuse 63 as blown and locks not working. new fuse lasted 1/2 day and blown again. anyone know why the fuse would keep blowing

Had this problem on mine (UK Model), one of the rear dooor locks was defecftive and causing the fuse to continually blow.
--

Martin

My address is spam trapped...
I had that problem too - a corroded rear door lock. I R+R'd mine, but it is currently the subject of a recall (in Canada, at least), so I'll be letting the dealer check my locks over.
Rob
"Me" wrote ...

I have a 2001 wagon (us). Where is #63. It is not on the front or back, as listed in the manual. I purchased a black box for the rear. No luck
Bill

As other have said previously in this forum the fuse can be difficult to find as its on the back of the fuse panel often hidden beneath all of the wires. You have to carefully move the wires to find the fuse.
On a European car the fuse panel can be accessed by swinging down the glove box. I believe that on a US car it may be behind a panel in the drivers foot-well.
The fuse is 20Amps and yellow in colour.
If the black box was on the back of the fuse panel then I suspect that you've just replaced the central timing module. It's responsible for the time control elements for the heated rear windscreen, interior lights and intermittent wiper operation. The module also activates a warning buzzer/chime for lights left on and, on a car with automatic transmission, it activates a warning if not parked with the selector in the P position.
--
Alan