Galaxy rear door problem..

Which is driving me mad !

Cannot get the interior lights to go off unless I really SLAM the door,

I have tried to grease everything I can - and I don't really want to slacken off the floor keep/pin thing it locks into , in case the door rattles when driving.

Anyone else had similar problems/advice ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jim

Reply to
jimbo

When your current spate of madness subsides and logical thought can resume, perhaps you should look at the door switch??

Reply to
Bob Minchin

There isn't one Bob.

Jim

Reply to
jimbo

Or alternatively at the title of this NG?

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Hi Jim,

I'm not familiar with the Galaxy specifically, but there has got to be a switch or sensor of some sort. It could be a tilt switch built into the door or perhaps a magnetic sensor that detects the door being shut. The fact that slamming the door will get the light to go out perhaps still indicates a mechanical switch even if it is inside the door. Does removing the lining yield any clues?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin