Galaxy rear door problem..

Which is driving me mad !
Cannot get the interior lights to go off unless I really SLAM the door,
I have tried to grease everything I can - and I don't really want to slacken
off the floor keep/pin thing it locks into , in case the door rattles when driving.
Anyone else had similar problems/advice ?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Jim
jimbo wrote in message ...

perhaps you should look at the door switch??
There isn't one Bob.
Jim

jimbo wrote in message ...

Hi Jim,
I'm not familiar with the Galaxy specifically, but there has got to be a switch or sensor of some sort. It could be a tilt switch built into the door or perhaps a magnetic sensor that detects the door being shut. The fact that slamming the door will get the light to go out perhaps still indicates a mechanical switch even if it is inside the door. Does removing the lining yield any clues?
Bob
Bob Minchin wrote:

Or alternatively at the title of this NG?
--
Remove prejudice to reply.