Gas mileage question

I have a new-to-me 2000 Focus ZX3 and I am getting about 430 Klm per tank before the low fuel light goes on. This is early winter driving with combined highway and around town. Fill-ups require 36-38 litres of gas. How
does this compare to other experiences? If this is out of whack what should I be looking at to improve mileage?
Ron

How
should

How
Sorry about the first empty reply. Hit the double-click by mistake.
You don't specify the transmission. I get a bit better than that but mine is a 5-speed and I do mostly country driving. Realistically in those conditions you should burn 7.5-8.5 litres per 100 km, so you are doing OK, especially if you have an automatic.
Yes it is an automatic.

tank
is
conditions

2001 wagon, 1.6 liter with auto tranny, 24K kms on the clock
I filled it up yesterday. it took 49 liters. covered 537 kms. 50/50 city/highway driving.
ahmet