Grounding to improve performance

Hi all, I've just installed a set of electrical grounding wires in my focus sedan today after being 'sold' that it would improve performance among other advantages like minimizing interference to audio equipment.

It is basically connecting thicker copper grounding wires to parts of the engine, components and chassis directly to the battery terminal. Theoratically it should improve response as it improves electric supply to the ECU.

So far I've driven it for about half an hour and did not find any notable improvement... ...maybe it's a case of sounds good in theory but don't work so well in practice...? :p

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this mod and found that it helped?

Cheers, Peter

Reply to
sg_focus

In message , snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net writes

What studies are these?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Studies by sellers of grounding wire! :-)

Victor

Reply to
Victor West

In message , snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net writes

Well I looked there and couldn't find the answers. Could you be more specific? The reason I query your original post is that in my own experience the statistics you quoted are wildly inaccurate.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

This may be true. They are, however, talking about poor return ground to the metal chassis in the electrical system. It has nothing to do grounding to the earth. Modern automobile tires are designed to bleed off charges that cause radio static. The ground straps do nothing for performance and probably add wind resistance. John

Reply to
jriegle