Handbrake Adjustment

Hi folks,
How many 'clicks' is your handbrake (parking brake) adjusted to?
Mine goes up 8 to 9 clicks before holding the car - recently acquired 10 month old UK TDCi, (rear drum brakes)- and it feels quite a long way up
compared to our older 2.0 petrol Ghia (rear disc brakes).
Note I don't usually click the handbrake, I only did to see how many times it clicked before engaging.
Great car BTW. Just need to fit a TDCi engine to our 2.0 Petrol Ghia Estate now. :-)

Mine takes 5 clicks to lock the wheels. This is a 2003, with 1800 kms on it.
I always get mine adjusted every 6 - 8 months to around 3 - 4 clicks, my dealer does not charge for this it apparently means tightening the coil or something anyway the dealer should be able to do it...
8 - 9 clicks is way to high...I don't click the handbrake as well...
Mark Walmsley

Estate

times
the now not so new Mondeo.
We have a fleet of them where I work (extra lights on them and stripes down the side, if you know what I mean) and we were all issued with instructions that had come from Ford, which went against everything we had previously been taught about handbrakes. These instructions actually told us NOT to press in the button and instead let the ratchet click away as we pulled up the lever. Very embarrassing...but not as embarrassing as it was for my colleagues when their car rolled off down a gentle slope and through a cast iron railing one night!
Tim

That should be "drum" of course not drom <g>