handbrake adjustment

Last year my 2000 1.8zetec hatch failed the MOT for handbrake return adjustment ? - MOT is due again, and there is alot of slack in handbrake again, The guys at the garage charged me to fix the problem, and i would rather sort it myself, but other than taking the slack up on the cable using the nut on the side of the handbrake, i see no other adjustment. I know they did not remove the drums, - i even put the car over a pit to look for some adjustment but found none. Any ideas - thanks

Reply to
Alex

In message , Alex writes

I adjust mine on the nut under the gaiter.

Reply to
Paul Giverin