Heat not working

Page 2 of 2

Your problem may not be solved yet. If you get heat after adding coolant, you may have a leak in the system. The system is almost closed, so there is little or no evaporation. Having to add coolant indicates a problem. I am having the same problem you are having. Little or no heat. When I add coolant to the system I have all kinds of heat until I have to add water again. I have a leak some place and can't find it. It could be as simple as a pin hole in a hose or a hole in the heater core.
You need to have a pressure check done on the cooling system to locate the leak.
Good luck. I'm not having any.