Heat Related Problem

Anyone had electrical components cause poor running, due to heat? I had to drive across the state, and when I stopped to fuel up, it wouldn't idle when restarted. It would run, though, so I got it back on the
highway and throttle response was awful. Any throttle and it would bog down, similar to no fuel delivery. After a couple of miles, the air flow cooled something down and it ran ok the rest of the trip.
The next couple of days were cooler, and it ran fine, and it's run fine ever since, including the trip home today.
My first suspicion is the coil pack, and I will change that no matter what (107,000 miles). Just did plugs and wires last month. Anything else you have had experience with?
Ron '01 ZX3