Heated Windscreen - GPS Interference

I have 2005 Focus S (NZ Model) which has a heated windscreen and I am looking at purchasing a GPS system (transferable not inbuilt) and was wondering whether the wires in the front screen will work as a cage and
affect the ability of the GPS system to sync with the satellites.
gixxer wrote:

they do interfere with the signal but a decent gps will still work , most gps now have the option of an external arial

Steve Robinson wrote:

Cool -- you never know when you might need a backup font. ;)
--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

I've got a TomTom One Works fine in the lower left corner (full signal). Don't need a external antenna. Curt
Have a tomtom mobile setup on my phone and never had a problem with the receiver being placed anywhere on the dash. (1998 focus)

Heater front screens are not problem plus the latest generation of GPS receivers are a lot more sensitive that those on sale a year ago.
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com