heated windscreen wattage ?

hi anyone knows wattage of a heated windscreen ?
my head lights and indoor light dimms slightly when switching on windscreen heater at idle. revving to 1500-2000rpm everything lightens up, normal ?
no problem when activating rear window heater.
/Jorgen
ps. Focus 1.6l -05B ds.
Jorgen Moquist wrote:

This is absolutely normal. The loading is huge by car standards. They are fed from a 50A fuse.
The heated windscreen will only switch on when the engine is actually running otherwise the battery would be drained very quickly.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

To add to that, the ECU controls the HRW and the HFW switching, and if it decides that the battery condition is too low, or alternator output is already at max, it will not allow the screens to work.
Tim..
Tim.. wrote:

thanks all for explaining, great ! /Jrgen
On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 02:21:01 +0100, Jorgen Moquist

The heater can take max. 50Amp due to fuse that is 600 watt that the lights dims is normal I have 2 focus and 2 cmax but always the light dims when the heater is used
Bert wrote:

thanks for explaining, great ! /Jrgen