heater blower only works on high setting

I am aware of other post about the blower only working on high,but none of the links work. I want to fix it myself,I think it is the thermal fuse. Can someone please give me some working links or a description of what I need to take out to get to it? I have a 2003 focus zts. Any help would be appreciated. I can't use the a/c because it only works on the lower fan settings and it has been in the 90s lately.

Reply to
bigowb

In message , bigowb wrote

Answered a few days ago in this group - the news archive has a copy at:

Circuit/thermal fuse details at

Reply to
Alan

Dude, the reason the fan only works on high is because the resistor is bad. Call the ford dealer, get the part -- like $10. It mounts under the dash on the firewall on the passenger side. You won't likely find it by looking at the system wiring -- just know that it is a flat plastic piece, mounted by a screw or two I believe, with the plug into it. Best bet, buy the replacement first so you can recognize what it looks like. Screwdriver, flashlight, $10, and like 10 minutes tops and you're golden.

Reply to
Wass330