HELP PLEASE! WHAT REPAIRS CAN I EXPECT ON MY 2005 FORD FOCUS WAGON AT 150,000 MILES

I will always miss my Ford Escort Wagon 94, but things change.
I have a 2002 Ford Focus Sedan with 77,000 miles. I just replaced the original tires, and put in new shocks and struts (I am not sure this
repair was really necessary). I have half of my brakes remaining. In other words, I am doing GREAT with this car. I get 38 mpg.
I am considering buying a 2005 Ford Focus Wagon (to fill the empty hole in my heart that my Escort Wagon left), but it has 150,000 miles on it. Sellers tell me that it just got new brake pads, rotors, and tires. Sounds right to me.
1. What else can I reasonably expect to go out on this car? 2. What is the value of the current repairs (new brakes pads, rotors, and tires)? 3. When do I need to change that pesky timing belt??
MRS. CLEAN wrote:

I would fill that hole in your heart with a dog or cat or gerbil. And with that wad of cash in your pocket, you should fill an IRA, preferably Roth IRA.

No. Get a pet. Or a Trek electric assist bike.
Don't get an old car that requires registration, inspections, insurance and repairs.
Jeff
On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:42:59 -0800, MRS. CLEAN wrote:

Not possible to predict on any vehicle, sadly.

It will maintain the proper market price; cars without a proper service history are worth less than a standard price.

It's 100,000 in Europe, but your dealer is the best person to ask for up to date information.
WRT the '05 vehicle, does it have a full service history? What annual mileage do you do?
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

I have a 2001 Zetec 2l and my cylinder head was wrecked at 75,000, not by the cam belt failing but by the cam belt tensioner. Allowed the belt to slip a bit - same disasterous result though.
--
Red Squirrel

Thanks guys! I took your advice and did NOT buy the car.
You're tops!

A service history is possibly only of some benefit on a low mileage car. Once the mileage increases the general market will no longer care about how it has been serviced and rely on the look of the car and how it drives.
--
Alan
news2009 admac myzen co uk
On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 12:43:22 +0000, Alan wrote:

All those things are important; I wouldn't buy any car less than seven or eight years old without some evidence that it had been properly serviced, and I don't think I'm alone. Valuation web sites and magazines will reduce the valuation on a vehicle without history by as much as 10%.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.