Hissing Noise from Clutch?

My girlfriend has a 2001 ZTS and she recently has been commenting on what she describes as a hissing noise that seems to appear when she pushes down on the clutch. Any idea what this could be? Is it a
common thing? I'm pretty sure that this is a hydraulic clutch. Does it need to be replaced? If so what is the average cost to have this done? Sorry if this is a common thread subject, I don't often hang out in aaff.
-Lew
Probably the axial thrust ball bearing. /per