How about those petrol prices in the US

I heard on the news prices are up to 2 dollars a gallon, that must be frustrating. How do you guys cope? No more supersize me at McD? ;-)

Reply to
Zweef®

In message , Zweef® wrote

Don't you mean 2 dollars a litre?

Reply to
Alan

So far, the reaction has been to purchase more and bigger SUVs.

Reply to
FanJet

So you haven't heard that McD's was dropping the supersize this year >??? The (low) brand name gas runs about $1.85 US so you try to conserve and use your cruise where you can and make sure you enjoy your drive...I'll give up other things before I give up driving. It's my cheapest vice. I'm in PA. so it's not that bad - I know my parents in CA. pay quite a bit more and they have a Taurus wagon. Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

In alt.autos.ford.focus Alan suggested:

LOL, those are only 0.43 Euro/l! ;)

IIRC super petrol is about 1.18 Euro/l right now, or

5.41 US$/gallon.
Reply to
Michael Heiming

It's an optical illusion. The roads are shrinking (along with MPG's on those SUV's). ;)

Reply to
NoRemorse

:>So far, the reaction has been to purchase more and bigger SUVs. :>

Yeah, but I get a kick out of driving in triple digit temperatures in the Phoenix, AZ area watching all the SUVs go by with the windows open and the AC off trying to save gas. Makes me feel good cruising along in my '04 SVT Focus with the windows up, the AC blasting out ice cold air, listening to tunes on the audiophile sound system and getting

26-27mpg in stop and go traffic.

me/2

Reply to
me/2

Just found out this week that our local McD's has dropped supersize and have also introduced a load of rabbit food (do you call it rabbit food in the US as well?)

Birth control very expensive in the US then Linda ? :-) (sorry to anybody sensitive about things like that)

In the Uk it isn't just the cost of the fuel that makes driving less of a pleasure than it used to be it's becoming harder and harder to find the sort of uncrowded roads needed to really enjoy a spin out. I think we passed saturation point about 5 years ago.

Regards

Andy Lee

Reply to
Andy Lee

Yes they call it rabbit food here - but I like the apple slices...nice option for the fries. Haven't had them yet. As far as birth control that's not an issue - and I was never sensitive about it anyway...as far as vices I meant drinking and smoking... Well in this part of PA. it's not terribly crowded so driving is usually a pleasure. Except over in South Williamsport where the Little League games are being played because this week-end the Championship is being played so us locals know to stay away...Sunday 600pm East Coast time. One team from the US will play the international winner...and I pray the President does not come to the game this year...Vice President Cheney dropped in on Wed. night game... Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

In message , HbgpodLW wrote

International? In how many countries is the game played?

Reply to
Alan

Remember they are the people who have the world series and do not invite other countries?

International? In how many countries is the game played?

Reply to
Henri

I don't know but my husband said he recalls hearing 96 or 97 countries worldwide play Little League Basball. Then the top 16 teams come to South Williamsport for 10 days of play...and someday I'll go to a game. I have a cast on now so I couldn't go. Maybe next year. Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

You are referring to Major League Baseball...I always found that stupid but as you can see with the US Basketball Olympic team professional players don't mean better...our local paper had a cartoon showing "professional" teams coming to Little League to teach them how it's done...funny. Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

Mostly true, but Canadian teams have a chance to win.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

I beg your pardon, Canada fields two teams in North America Major League Baseball. The Japanese are nuts about their baseball players, especially when they come to "the show" in the U.S.A.

We can't help it if the Canucks prefer hockey to baseball. And > Remember they are the people who have the world series and do not invite

Reply to
Richard Ray

I paid $1.66.9 last night. It went down from $1.68.9 the day before.

Reply to
John R Cambron