How about those petrol prices in the US

I heard on the news prices are up to 2 dollars a gallon, that must be frustrating. How do you guys cope? No more supersize me at McD? ;-)

--
Bezit en wijsheid zijn illusies

Add pictures here
✖

Don't you mean 2 dollars a litre?
--
Alan
✖

LOL, those are only 0.43 Euro/l! ;)
IIRC super petrol is about 1.18 Euro/l right now, or 5.41 US$/gallon.
--
Michael Heiming (GPG-Key ID: 0xEDD27B94)
✖

So far, the reaction has been to purchase more and bigger SUVs.
Add pictures here
✖

It's an optical illusion. The roads are shrinking (along with MPG's on those SUV's). ;)
--
NoRemorse
"Expect me when you see me."
:>>I heard on the news prices are up to 2 dollars a gallon, that must be :>> frustrating. How do you guys cope? No more supersize me at McD? ;-):> :>So far, the reaction has been to purchase more and bigger SUVs. :>
Yeah, but I get a kick out of driving in triple digit temperatures in the Phoenix, AZ area watching all the SUVs go by with the windows open and the AC off trying to save gas. Makes me feel good cruising along in my '04 SVT Focus with the windows up, the AC blasting out ice cold air, listening to tunes on the audiophile sound system and getting 26-27mpg in stop and go traffic.
me/2
Add pictures here
✖

So you haven't heard that McD's was dropping the supersize this year >??? The (low) brand name gas runs about $1.85 US so you try to conserve and use your cruise where you can and make sure you enjoy your drive...I'll give up other things before I give up driving. It's my cheapest vice. I'm in PA. so it's not that bad - I know my parents in CA. pay quite a bit more and they have a Taurus wagon. Linda
Add pictures here
✖
On 26 Aug 2004 07:00:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (HbgpodLW) wrote:

Just found out this week that our local McD's has dropped supersize and have also introduced a load of rabbit food (do you call it rabbit food in the US as well?)

Birth control very expensive in the US then Linda ? :-) (sorry to anybody sensitive about things like that)

In the Uk it isn't just the cost of the fuel that makes driving less of a pleasure than it used to be it's becoming harder and harder to find the sort of uncrowded roads needed to really enjoy a spin out. I think we passed saturation point about 5 years ago.
Regards
Andy Lee
--

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.

Add pictures here
✖

for the fries. Haven't had them yet. As far as birth control that's not an issue - and I was never sensitive about it anyway...as far as vices I meant drinking and smoking... Well in this part of PA. it's not terribly crowded so driving is usually a pleasure. Except over in South Williamsport where the Little League games are being played because this week-end the Championship is being played so us locals know to stay away...Sunday 600pm East Coast time. One team from the US will play the international winner...and I pray the President does not come to the game this year...Vice President Cheney dropped in on Wed. night game... Linda
Add pictures here
✖

International? In how many countries is the game played?
--
Alan
✖

International? In how many countries is the game played?
--
Alan
✖

You are referring to Major League Baseball...I always found that stupid but as you can see with the US Basketball Olympic team professional players don't mean better...our local paper had a cartoon showing "professional" teams coming to Little League to teach them how it's done...funny. Linda
Add pictures here
✖

Mostly true, but Canadian teams have a chance to win.
Add pictures here
✖
I beg your pardon, Canada fields two teams in North America Major League Baseball. The Japanese are nuts about their baseball players, especially when they come to "the show" in the U.S.A.
We can't help it if the Canucks prefer hockey to baseball. And in American rules football, what about NFL Europe?
Henri wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

I don't know but my husband said he recalls hearing 96 or 97 countries worldwide play Little League Basball. Then the top 16 teams come to South Williamsport for 10 days of play...and someday I'll go to a game. I have a cast on now so I couldn't go. Maybe next year. Linda
Add pictures here
✖
"Zweef®" wrote:

I paid $1.66.9 last night. It went down from $1.68.9 the day before.
--

John in the sand box of Marylands eastern shore.

Add pictures here
✖