How automatic A/C works

Anybody knows how automatic A/C temperature regulation in Focus works? I heard about two basic principles: * A/C always works at full power; temperature is reduced with engine heat * A/C has variable displacement I guess that second approach uses less power.

Reply to
Adder

AFAIK, the AC turns on and off, if you sit and idle with the AC running you will hear the enging changing speeds as the load of the compressor cycles on and off.

Reply to
me

That's how old A/Cs work; new cars have variable swashplate compressors, but I don't know is it used in EU Mk II or not.

Reply to
Adder