How is focus quality now?

Page 2 of 2

I have a 2001 zx3 that turns 50,000 miles next week. Recalls for Battery cable and wheel bearings taken care of with no problem.
Only other repair work was an egr (something like that) sensor that went bad under warranty.
Car still feels tight. Runs great. 30-32 mpg. Tires still look decent. Brakes look good, feel fine. Paint is fine other than the stone chips.
This is fast becoming one of the best cars I have ever owned.

has been back to the dealer once for a power steering fluid leak. No other problems, and it still feels like a new car. 28/30 city 34/38 highway.
It's just a great fun car to drive.
Tony
remove 1st a from email address
03 ZTW auto Zetec loaded. So far, so good. Got 1300 on it in less than a month. Lots of mountain driving with 4 people + luggage. Legroom a little tight in the back (so they say), but comfy. MPG getting better fast. Last two tanks: 27 and 30 mpg AC on. Handling pretty good--rolls a bit, then sticks. Can't seem to get the ABS or traction control to kick in, 'course I know how to drive and don't try and get in those situations. Will be in the frigid country in a month or so, so stay tuned. Rapid Rick

Marvin Teixeira vomitted:

As a person that worked in a dealership that had a Toyota dealership in the owner's fold, I can tell you that there have been Toyotas that go back for Lemon Law buy-backs. Also, a friend of mine bought an '01 Honda Civic Coupe and had nothing but problems. Cold weather kept cracking the lenses on the factory (dealer installed) fog lights and all 4 of his struts broke, one at a time. The first 2 that broke were under warranty, but the last 2 weren't and he forked up a couple hundred bucks to replace them. Honda was aware of the strut problem on '01 Civics and fixed them on the '02, but they refused to recall them. I'm even aware of at least one Mercedes that went back under Lemon Law. Don't for one minute think that buying a foreign car gets you any better quality.
You get problemmatic vehicles in every product line. Usually, the first year or two in a design are the ones to avoid. Yeah, they're nice and neat, being completely new and something different, but if you want reliablility, let others be the guinea pigs.

Word on the street is that those replacement Civic struts are just like the ones that failed. What's that tell ya about Honda "quality"?

I have a US 2001 SE Wagon. It has 67,000 miles. It has gone through two Michigan winters, and saw a lot of salt in both of them. It does not have the rust you describe.
Just my experience.
i hate my focus.....ive got a 2k1 zx3 with 42000 miles on it and the tranny is going out and ford wont stand by it. So im getting it fixed and buying a honda or toyota.
-- it insults me when people talk about dogs like children.....no one ever ended up with a dog because they were too drunk to pull out!!!!