How to reprogramme the remote key fob?

Hi, Guys.

I sent a topic regarding this issue few days ago.

Here is the link:

According to the post, I checked the owners manual, but I cant find the procedure of reprogramme my remote key fob. Does any one know how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Reply to
mini86

There is always confusion regarding UK v US cars. The info is only in the US manuals. Also, the procedure to make a new key start the car by realigning the PAT function is in *both* manuals, so further muddying the waters!

As I'm sure you are aware by now, to make a new key start the car you need to have at least two existing keys.

There are apparently two remote systems in use. The procedure below is for Siemens keys. I've not seen others, but apparently they exist.

Sit in the car with the doors shut. Turn the remote key from fully off to ignition on, (but not to the cranking position) four times. The door open/lights on chime will bong once. Press the door open button on the fob. Complete this procedure within 10 seconds. This should align the radio function of the system.

I had exactly the same problem as you with my '99 LX. After the above procedure, the remote function of the key still didn't work, so I assumed the key was broken.

I needed a CR2032 battery for a remote door bell, so robbed the one from my key fob. Some weeks later I was scrapping a computer motherboard and realised it had the same battery; I put the battery in my keyfob on a whim.

Lo and behold! The remote function now works! Don't ask for an explanation; I don't have one.

That was over a year ago; it still works fine. If all else fails I would try leaving the battery out for progressively longer periods of time.

BTW, all the above information has been posted in this NG a number of times, and could have been found using the search function in Google Groups. This might save you time in the future.

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thx Chris.

Finally got it working. Happy days

Btw, for UK model is from 2-1 4 times, and stay at 1. press button, Ignition on. Then prseto!

Thanks for our advice.

Regards

Tony

Reply to
mini86

Any ideas if the programming of the transponder/PATS/immobiliser (any of the above!) is the same for a UK 2006 (Mk2) focus - the two key + new key setup? The remote key fob instructions work well, i've just heard that the new foci need to taken to a dealer to get the new key added. Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Gubba

Yes, they do.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

You can still do the remote radio bit by the old method but the PATS/immobiliser has to be done by the dealer. In order to get give my second key remote unlock function, I bought an old ford tibbe fob on ebay, cut off the key, took out the pats transponder and fitted on my key ring. Result!

If you do reprogramme the remote radio part using the the method stated, remember to have ALL your radio keys with you. The first part of the process removes all keys from the authorised list and you must operate one button from each key during the second stage to teach the car to accept both the new and old ones.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin