Identifying a big nut

I have just found this big brass nut

dangling downtowards the front of my engine, anyone know what it is?

Ford Focus 2.0 Zetec, 2001

Stephen.

Reply to
sdhull

snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote: > I have just found this big brass nut

Looks like a cylinder head temperature sensor. Look around you should find the hole it came out of close by.

Reply to
litefrozen

I can't see anywhere where it might fit, there's no obvious hole that I can see. I might need to jack the car up and have a look underneath at the front maybe.

Still puzzled,

Stephen.

Reply to
sdhull

Rest assured - there's nothing wrong!

I have exactly the same thing on my Focus, and it's been there for the last 10 years. Relax, enjoy!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thank god for that, thought it was something really neaded or important, there's no clue in the manuel either. I'll probably cable-tie it up to stop it dangling about though ;)

Stephen.

Reply to
sdhull