Identifying a big nut

I have just found this big brass nut
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk/example/photo.jpg dangling down towards the front of my engine, anyone know what it is?

Ford Focus 2.0 Zetec, 2001
Stephen.
--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote: > I have just found this big brass nut

Looks like a cylinder head temperature sensor. Look around you should find the hole it came out of close by.

I can't see anywhere where it might fit, there's no obvious hole that I can see. I might need to jack the car up and have a look underneath at the front maybe.
Still puzzled,
Stephen.
--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:11:37 +0000, sdhull wrote:

Rest assured - there's nothing wrong!
I have exactly the same thing on my Focus, and it's been there for the last 10 years. Relax, enjoy!
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Thank god for that, thought it was something really neaded or important, there's no clue in the manuel either. I'll probably cable-tie it up to stop it dangling about though ;)
Stephen.