Ignition key doesn't fit in the switch. (suddenly)

I read Ernie's email from 03-07-11 and it seems that I'm an another case of ignition switch problem! I never noticed strange behavior from my ignition switch before. Yesterday everything was normal, and this morning... only the half of the key can go in the switch. My Focus ZX2 is dead now. I live in Quebec City and there is a garagist strike in car's Dealers here. The nearest dealer not in strike is at 50 km from here. Should I towed my car there or at the nearest Canadian Tire from here. What can I do to help people like us to set a recall from Ford ? To benefit this eventual refund, should I go at the farest Dealer or at CanadianTire ? Gilles

Reply to
Gilles

I can't answer for Canada but in the US as long as you have it done by a shop

- KEEP the receipt. My brother replaced mine and all they'd pay for was the part as I couldn't "charge" for larbor. He's a Ford mechanic but since he did it on the side they wouldn't pay. No big deal as it was a case of beer...Good luck. Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

"Gilles" wrote in news:w5cXa.194$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

won't hurt anything, and may just get you going.>

Reply to
vince candline

Hi Gilles.

I have also posted on this subject. My Focus' ignition switch seized up a couple of months ago, while I was travelling away from home. The entire episode cost me several hundred dollars, and Ford Canada won't consider covering even a small portion of the repair costs.

I hope you have better luck getting fair treatment.

Rob

Reply to
Specter