ignition key wont turn

Page 2 of 2
Here is a cut and paste from another thread: First of all, a correction: it's a 2003 ZX5. I Googled "Ford Focus ignition" and found, literally, dozens of sites with
postings from angry owners. I found some that are on their third ignition. Interestingly, many people report having tow operators say the same thing about towing many Foci with broken ingnitions. I wonder which dealer in the country HAS seen this problem before? In my research, Ford has never acknowledged the problem or issued a Technical Service Bulletin regarding it (however, I did find TSBs covering my broken windshield wipers and horn). I'm considering taking this up with the consumer unit of the local television station to see how many cases of this obvious defect it stirs up. I'll keep the group posted.

"" wrote: > HI I HAVE A 2001 FORD FOCUS AND WHEN I TRY TO START IT THE KEY > GOOS IN BUT > IT WONT TURN THE STEERING WHEEL IS IN THE LOCK POSSION ANY > IDEAS ON WHAT > IS WRONG WITH IT
I had that same exact problem. It was something with the ignition switch went bad. You have to take it to a ford dealership. they will replace it...you dont have to get a new key made I dont think, I had to because my key was stripped...but they made me two keys for the price of one..and fixed it. It was a simple process
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:22:07 -0400, "TSS1112"

I live in Canada (Quebec) I have a 2003 ZX5, last week the ingnition key did not want to turn. The dealer where I bought the car told me to tap (hit) on the key while it is in the cylinder lock,. It did work, and the key turn after that.
The next day I went to the dealer to get it repaired. They dind not had the parts for the repair so i asked them to remove the tumbler in the cylinder lock, that way the key would not jam anymore.
The antitheif is still working because the tansponder is still in the key.
NOW I AM SURE THAT THE "/%$?(*() KEY WILL NOT JAM.
Pinetci