Ignition Switch problem on 2001 Focus ZX3

I was stricken with the broken ignition switch problem this last week. It has eventually started after much complaining and frustration but it is definitely a problem. I have a feeling that I have a limited amount
of starts before the key won't turn at all -- here's hoping that I have at least one more so that I can get it to the dealer Tuesday morning.
My key will go in; it just won't turn.
dgrgich wrote:

Been there done that. Google has many posts that have been archived from posts that address this subject with various solutions.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.ford.focus/search?group=alt.autos.ford.focus&q=ignition+switch&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group

In the mean time, strike the key a couple of times to set the pins in the lock cylinder.
--
John in the sand box of Marylands eastern shore.