In Car Entertainment

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone recommend a specific in car television entertainment system for the Ford Focus? I would appreciate your help, as there are a wide range of products on the market.

You can get head mount units, head restraint units, roof units etc.

Cheers & Merry Christmas

--

This e-mail and any attachment contains information which is private and confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not an addressee, you are not authorised to read, copy or use the e-mail or any attachment. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and then destroy it.

James Frowen

Mike S.

why not go home to watch tv? if you need to "Barney-ize" your kids in front of the tube in the car, I suggest parenting classes.

Reply to
Im Right

And how many kids do you take long trips with and what are their ages ? I'd bet none and you haven't been on a long trip with them either or you'd know better than to answer stupidly...as a kid traveling with younger brothers I'd have loved one. Traveling in a car is BORING....unless you're the driver. Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW
5, ages 10, 9, 8, 6 and 4. I'd hate to think we needed the tube to stupify and babysit our kids when we were all separated by no more than a few feet. What better time is there to be parents than when you have a captive audiance? We ration how much tube is watched in the house. Why in the world would we want one in the car?

Reply to
Freddie

Like i said, you need PARENTING classes.

: >why not go home to watch tv? : >if you need to "Barney-ize" your kids in front of the tube in the car, : >I suggest parenting classes. : >

: : And how many kids do you take long trips with and what are their ages ? I'd : bet none and you haven't been on a long trip with them either or you'd know : better than to answer stupidly...as a kid traveling with younger brothers I'd : have loved one. Traveling in a car is BORING....unless you're the driver. : Linda

Reply to
Im Right

You mean what better time to be divert your attention to 5 children while hurtling down the interstate at 75 MPH for hours on end on the way to Grandma's house?

It never ceases to amaze me how there is always someone that will complain about any advances we make. How many people do you think complained when they installed the first radios in cars (You should be driving not listening to music!), or the first seat belts (People are gonna burn alive in there cars cuz they can't get out!), or the first rear view mirrors (What do you mean your gonna use a mirror and not turn your head to see for self?!), or the first headlights (You can't drive at night! What about all the people and horses walking around without headlights you'll kill them all!)

Any technology that makes us either safer, or improves our lives is always good.

Being able to distract the kids by letting them watch a movie (or listen to the radio, which is the same point) while the driver can pay attention to the road and not get the family killed is both safer and improves our lives.

And if you don't think I'm right, next time you take the family on a road trip, keep the radio off, don't let the kids bring walkmans and see how much you all still enjoy each others company after 5 hours.

--Mike

Reply to
Mike S.

duh...I said BROTHERS not children. But it's NICE to have an OPTION...but then again they do have movies on planes don't they? Should they take those off also? I will say no more. Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

Linda, you are right on.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

duh...You said KIDS , not brothers. Take a look at your own words before you start with the, "duh" sarcasm:

"And how many kids do you take long trips with and what are their ages"?

Most of those who are offered movies on planes are fare paing adults, not children that the pilot sticks in front of a boob tube to silence.

Freddie

Reply to
Freddie

As kids we used to listen to mom read a story, color our coloring books, play games like watching for the car with the license tag from the farthest away and on and on and on. We also spent a lot of time just watching the scenery go by. If we were taking a new route or going someplace new, staring at the tube would have been considered the same as going to an art museum and wearing a blind fold.

Sometimes, corny as it sounds today, we'd actually sing songs.

That statement is entirely too subjective to even waste any time on.

Freddie

Reply to
Freddie

Aye but who decides what improves our lives "you me or somebody else". TV in small does is fine but overdoses like seem to be normal nowadays are far from good IMHO.

Given the content of most current TV, I don't see how it improves anybodies life.

Maybe you may all learn the art of conversation, another dying art

Reply to
Andy Lee

Arrogantly named (and appropriately so) Im Right ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) blathers

Quote all of it Freddie -- the part where she said "as a kid traveling with younger brothers I'd have loved one." ^^^^^^^^

She doesn't say she has children. Her "duh" was quite appropriate. Next time, you might want to read the whole thing before you jump and make yourself look a bit foolish.

silence.

If you read the original query by James Frowen, he says nothing about children. Perhaps he wants to entertain adults?

Too bad certain folks here think their way to handle children is the only way to do so -- so much that they have to hijack a thread in the focus newsgroup that wasn't about children and bully anyone who might feel differently than they do.

Any chance we can drop the off-topic parenting discussion or move it to a more appropriate newsgroup?

Reply to
Tony Wesley

So, apart from the lectures in child behaviour and who should be allowed to do what. etc, is anyone able to help the gentleman with his question???? (although I guess he may have been scared off by now !!!!).

Keep trying James, there are a lot of helpful people on this group, they are probably just busy enjoying Christmas. (I would if I wasn't so busy at work??????_)

Sorry I can't help but maybe I can help by repeating the question James Frowen asked originally in case someone misinterpreted it. Yer tiz............

"Hello Everyone,

Does anyone recommend a specific in car television entertainment system for the Ford Focus? I would appreciate your help, as there are a wide range of products on the market.

You can get head mount units, head restraint units, roof units etc.

Cheers & Merry Christmas"

Happy New Year to All who have helped me in the past year (especially Paul and Tim)

Justin

Reply to
Justin Case

So if the original poster had asked about children's books instead of an entertainment system for the car you would have had the same exact response right? You would say reading in a car is like going to an art museum wearing a blind fold?

Oh you wouldn't? Why not?

I'll tell you why not, it goes right back to my original statement of some people that disparage any new technology that comes along that changes the way things used to be.

Reply to
Mike S.

Freddie's Parents parented, I bet Freddie is a good parent too.

Reply to
Im Right

reading in the car would be > Conducive to expanding knowledge, Something worthless liberals cannot understand.

watching a boob tube as you ignore the evil little brats in the back seat is NOT parenting.

: : : >If we were taking a new route or : > going someplace new, staring at the tube would have been considered : > the same as going to an art museum and wearing a blind fold. : : : : > Freddie : : : So if the original poster had asked about children's books instead of an : entertainment system for the car you would have had the same exact response : right? You would say reading in a car is like going to an art museum : wearing a blind fold? : : Oh you wouldn't? Why not? : : I'll tell you why not, it goes right back to my original statement of some : people that disparage any new technology that comes along that changes the : way things used to be. : : :

Reply to
Im Right

do you realize how small a furd forcus is? There is no need for a friggin tv in it.

: > Hello Everyone, : :

Reply to
Im Right

Reply to