Instrument Cluster

Hey guys, I have a ZX3 and about 15 months ago the whole instrument cluster died. Took it to a dealer and they couldn't find the problem, or I should
say, anything that would have caused the problem so they replaced the whole cluster. Now, 15 months later, it's dead again.
Anyone else seen this? any ideas on a root cause or do the clusters sometimes just croak? The car is out of warranty now so repairs are on my own nickel. I called the dealer, BTW, warranty on the new part is only 12K miles, which I've exceeded, so no love there.
Any thoughts would be appreciated
year and engine size of vehicle, please and I'll check ford technical sevice bulletins [TSB] for you.